I have been working on writing quite a few different posts, but our internet decided not to cooperate at all yesterday which left me without a post going live yesterday. So sorry! I think I’m going to try to start scheduling some ahead of time when I have internet so I don’t have to worry as much about making
sure I can get online and post. Anyways, here is the post that I wanted to post yesterday but just didn’t get to! Also, please forgive the formatting errors, the iPhone app is a mess to be put simply
Summer is upon us, even if the season hasn’t officially begun. I highly doubt this will be a summer full of too much adventuring due to work schedules and financial limits, but I definitely have a few things I want to do this summer. This is our first summer in Beckley and our first one being officially on our own since being married (we were living with husband’s dad last summer). Despite our limitations, we are still going to try to make the best of it and I thought I would share some pictures from last summer as well as a few things that are on our Summer Bucket List!
- Go to the swimming pool at least 3 times. (Last year I went a whopping one time so it really is a big goal)
- See The Fault in Our Stars with my sister! I know this isn’t a super aspirational goal, but if the summer ends, or I guess if the movie goes out of the theater and I haven’t seen it, I’m going to be very sad.
- Go camping!! I know, I know, I am not a camping person at all. I haven’t had good experiences thus far, but I think I would like to try it with husband at least once. I don’t know if it’s Pinterest or pictures I have seen from others but there is something that seems slightly romantic about it. Plus I think husband and I work together pretty well and I think it would go pretty well with him. (Also, s’more making is a must, even if the camping doesn’t happen)
- Go to a baseball game. This one may mostly be for the sake of husband, but I enjoy a good baseball game too, especially on a cool evening. Hopefully we will be going to a West Virginia Power Baseball game soon!
- Go swimming in a local swimming hole. We have quite a few areas for swimming in fresh water around here and I am dying to take advantage of them!
- Go to a carnival (or something similar). This may be fueled only by the fact that I can see a carnival getting ready to set up here in Beckley. But seriously, I need some crappy food and rides that make me feel sick.
- See fireworks! This could go hand in hand with a baseball game, or maybe not. But I seriously want to see some with husband.
- Have a picnic! This could be right outside our apartment or at a local park. Who knows!
- Go to an outdoor concert/festival. Honestly at this point I could care less who is performing, but I seriously want to see some live outdoor music at least once this summer. It used to be a really regular part of my life but sadly hasn’t been happening as much these days. We both love music so I think we are going to do our best to make this happen!<
- Most importantly, I want a real suntan. Last summer I was super dark due to a month of a tanning bed and then a week at the beach, but that was it. This summer I seriously want a real SUNtan. Not a fake bake.
What are your plans for the summer? I realize mine seem pretty boring, but if I can accomplish all 10 things on this list, I will be amazed and will deem this summer a very successful one!