It is hard to believe that it’s already September. Where has the summer gone? I think it’s time that I call our summer ended. I’m working full time, husband is back to school, and Labor Day has passed. Technically there are still a few days left of summer, but I think I’m ready for it to be over. Now it’s time for my final Summer Bucket List update!
- Go to the swimming pool at least 3 times – I went to the local pool 2 times, the lake once, as well as the beach and the pool quite a few times on vacation. I think I would call this a success!
- See The Fault in Our Stars with my sister! – Done. Cried my eyes out for sure, and now it’s almost time to rent it so I can watch it with husband.
- Go camping! – No such luck. That’s okay with me though, I knew this was a pretty aspirational goal. Maybe some other time. If anyone wants to let me borrow camping gear we might still get this one in some time!
- Go to a baseball game – Yes! We cheered on the WV Miners at a couple games and enjoyed the environment. We have also been watching a good bit of baseball on TV recently since husband got a special deal on MLB TV. I won’t complain, I enjoy it for the most part!
- Go swimming in a local swimming hole. – This one I would claim 50% on. I went swimming in some local fresh water, but it wasn’t exactly a swimming hole. Summersville lake is a blast to go swimming in nonetheless. Maybe next summer we will hike out to a swimming hole!
- Go to a carnival (or something similar) – As I found out at the beginning of the summer…these are way more expensive than I remember them being, so we willingly passed on that this summer. It simply wasn’t too important to us and we spent our summer doing things we would enjoy more.
- See fireworks! – Yes, twice! Once at a baseball game on July 4th and once on vacation. The hillbilly WV ones were definitely better.
- Have a picnic! – How did we not do this? We ate outside once at a restaurant… does that count?
- Go to an outdoor concert/festival. – I heard music outside, so I think that counts. This was just so hard to do based on husbands work schedule which really made things difficult.
- Most importantly, I want a real suntan. – Yes! Along with quite a few sunburns. I am tan-ish nonetheless.
Overall I would say it was a pretty successful summer! There were so many more wonderful things in our summer that weren’t on our bucket list. Now that the summer is coming to a close I am ready as can be for fall. Check in soon for our Fall To-Do list!