I’m feeling a little run down these days. Working from home has left me only going out of the house for church, and occasionally errands or date night. Most days of the week you can find me in sweats or yoga pants, and a sweatshirt, hair up in a bun, no makeup, and lets just be honest, no bra. (because who would sit at a home desk ALL day with one of those miserable things on) Needless to say, I’m not all done up wearing heels & pearls in the kitchen when husband gets home for the day. We (husband & I) have talked about it and he promises me he doesn’t expect makeup done, dressed up, when he knows I’m sitting at home all day.
But seriously, I’m tired of it. I’m tired of feeling dingy, unkempt, and simply unattractive. Please don’t get me wrong, I absolutely do not think I need layers of make-up, a pretty dress, and heels to be attractive. I just feel like it’s time for a little pampering to feel better in my own skin, even when I am working at home all day.
My solution? A list of things I want to do soon to pamper myself, that is truly in the end self-care. It has been a LONG time since I have pampered myself, other than doing my nails at home, and a little pampering here and there is so not a bad.
1. Get My Eyebrows Done. I’m almost afraid to write how long it’s been since anything official has been done to my brows. I have of course tweezed a little here, done a home wax strip there, but nothing professional since my wedding. In June of 2013. Now to decide…threading vs. waxing…
2. Pedicure! I know it seems silly to get one now that winter has hit, but I’m still barefoot enough to care what my toes look like. Plus the biggest perk of the pedicure is the massage chair, not the end result. Maybe I can convince husband to join me (without the polish of course)!
3. Teeth Whitening Strips. I did these before our wedding going on 2 years ago and I loved the results. Having a whiter smile makes me feel more confident even without any makeup on.
4. doTERRA HD Clear Skin Line. doTERRA just released a new skin care line that works to even out your face and take care of blemishes. For some reason my face has decided that I’m actually 13 and it’s time to break out. It’s so discouraging to see, and I would love to get this cleared up and feel more comfortable in my own skin.
5. New clothes. Isn’t this always the solution? Hellooo retail therapy! Just kidding, sort of. Mainly I want to get some new comfortable, but presentable (and decent enough to run to the store in) clothing. Right now it’s basically pajamas 24/7 and that has got to change.
Along with these things I am attempting to do one other thing that while it may not seem like pampering to me, in the long run it is, and that is drinking more water. I know it makes me feel better and I just need to get over it and do it! All of these things may seem silly, but in the long run they really are for the better.
How do you like to pamper yourself? Do you think pampering and self-care is important?