I’m a fan of lists, as you all know. I wrote a summer bucket list last summer, and had a senior year bucket list a few years back. I think that the summer bucket list is my favorite thing, because it gives me a little bit of purpose for things I want to do during the summer (even if I am running behind!)
I have to admit though, I’m not feeling too inspired about this summer. It’s my very first summer working full time, and on top of that husband is working nearly full time and taking summer classes. So basically, it’s not looking to be a very exciting summer. Despite that, the evenings are long, and we have partial weekends to enjoy and doggone it, we WILL have fun this summer! Additionally, this is potentially our last summer as “kids” (married kids though, I assure you). Next spring, husband will graduate and we have absolutely no idea what our lives will hold. We hope a move, new jobs, and maybe more! This is also our first summer that we’ve been married that moving is not on the agenda-woohoo!
Summer Bucket List // 2015
1. Go to a Drive-In Movie – We have a local place that does weekend drive-ins. Husband has never been to one, so this is a summer MUST do.
2. Take Regular Walks – Ideally, I would love to say we would do this everyday, or 3 times a week, or 2 times a week. But I don’t really know how well that will work. The main goal though is to simply take regular walks.
3. Take a Hike – Can you see a fitness theme this summer? Really wanting to be active and enjoy this gorgeous state we live in. We have plenty of amazing trails around here, and one that was just recently nationally recognized!
4. Read 4 Books – I read semi-regularly, but I really want to make this a priority this summer. I would love to read 2 fiction and then 2 memoir type books. What are some of your suggestions?
5. Develop A Blogging Schedule – As we can all tell, this blog is a little lost. Things are
a little bit all over the place. Hopefully by the end of the summer I will have figured out a slightly regular posting schedule.
6. Make Homemade Ice Cream – Husband and I have a little ice cream maker, plus I want to try to make some no churn ice cream as well!
7. Go Putt-Putting – We have a really awesome local spot that is West Virginia themed! It’s been a while since we’ve been and husband and I really need to make this happen again soon.
8. Take a break from Facebook – I don’t know if it will be a day, a few days, or what. But taking a break from Facebook is a must at some point.
9. Spend an afternoon at Summersville Lake – A gorgeous local lake that has a little beach area that I’m aching to go relax on for the day!
10. Make Homemade Freshly Squeezed Lemonade – I love freshly squeezed lemonade, but I have never attempted to make it on my own. While it would be delicious any time of the year, it really should be enjoyed on a warm summer day!
Now, don’t worry folks, I’m sure my summer will consist of a few things apart from these 10 things. A day at the pool here, music event there, and vacation at some point. I think it’s shaping up to be a pretty fantastic summer, despite a full time job.
What are your summer plans? Any goals? Dreams? Exciting adventures? I’d love to hear about them!